How to prepare for an earthquake
Being that Earthquakes are common in California it is good to be Prepared.
- Prepare a earthquake readiness plan.
- If necessary contact a professional to make your home sturdier.
- Make sure to locate a secure room in the house that you can go to in case of an earthquake. it should be a spot where nothing is likely to fall on you.
- Keep a supply of canned food, an up-to-date first aid kit, 3 gallons of water per person, Dust masks and goggles, and a working battery-operated radio and flashlights.
- Turn off the gas and water in home in occurrence of an earthquake.
In the Instance of an Earthquake:
- Take cover under a desk or table and hold on
- Stay indoors until the shaking stops and you're sure it is safe.
- Stay away from bookcases or furniture that is not secure and can fall on you.
For more information visit: http://www.environment.nationalgeographic.com