Types of Contaminated Water
Water Damage can be classified into three types of contaminated water. Each type requires a different plan of action that will be determined by SERVPRO experts when they inspect your home or business.
- Water from a clean source is like a broken water line.
- If left untreated can degrade into a category 2 or 3.
- May contain bacteria and viruses.
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
- Some examples include washing machine overflow or dishwasher overflow.
- Grossly contaminated and could cause health effects.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes.
- Water from flooding rivers or a sewer backup.
Water contaminated with a sewage backup is considered an emergency and should be treated as quickly as possible. SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We have experts with specialized training to restore your building to its pre-disaster condition.