Resources can help improve restoration of Commercial Fire Damage
Fire damage in a commercial center with multiple offices or other businesses creates major inconvenience by disrupting regular operations. Even if the fire does not affect every part of the building, the interdependency in such a facility means that the rest of the businesses operate at limited capacity or stop operating altogether. Restoring normalcy quickly is crucial, underlining the need to expedite the repair work and cleanup processes that follow such an incident. We offer professional fire restoration services for commercial centers in Hacienda Heights & Rowland Heights area.
Issues affected access to damaged areas can delay commercial fire damage restoration in the Hacienda Heights & Rowland Heights area. Facilities such as theaters and conference halls or even parking garages have large wall surfaces or high ceilings, which present several problems unless restoration crews have the right equipment to ease access. Apart from regular ladders, our SERVPRO technicians use self-propelled man lifts, which not only facilitate access to high walls and ceilings but also ease our back-and-forth movements as we remove debris and clean up areas damaged by the fire.
Fire affects surfaces in different ways, including depositing layers of soot and other debris, as well as, charring the materials on the surfaces. Such areas require thorough cleaning, which in most cases includes mechanical abrasion to loosen the debris - a tedious process that can take substantial time. Our SERVPRO technicians use various types of scrubbing equipment, both manual and automated, to eliminate light and stubborn deposits. We also have pressure washers that simplify cleaning the soiled areas.
In addition to deposits left on surfaces, fires also lead to bad odors in the affected buildings. It is impossible to work or serve clients in such an environment. Efficient removal of fire debris and soils may require more than mechanical abrasion and plain water. Our SERVPRO technicians use professional cleaning agents that change the soils chemically easing removal. We might also incorporate heating to the cleaning process because heat speeds up chemical processes improving the overall outcome.
To resume normalcy faster after fire ruins a commercial building, call SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights to help. You can reach us at (626) 964-7700
Faster to Any Water Disaster
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 626-964-7700
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights
SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Water Damage in Your Home
When you think of water damages, you first think of a flooded basement, with a couple of inches to maybe a foot (or more) of sewage. And, we get those types of calls. But water damage can occur from many other sources:
- Accident (an aquarium tipped over)
SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights has the tools necessary to pinpoint the damaged areas, assess the damages, and come up with a plan to get you back to a normal life as soon as possible!
From thermal cameras to non-penetrating and penetrating meters, we can find exactly where the water traveled. No need to make guesses and inspection holes in your walls.
We can extract the standing water, and remove as much as possible from carpet and pad, if necessary.
Fans are then placed, to get the air moving, throwing the moisture up in the air to be captured by large dehumidifiers. Air movement also helps prevent mold from colonizing.
Once dry, a mold inhibitor is sprayed as an extra defense against any possible mold growth.
So, if you have suffered water invading your home or business, relax. A call to SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights at 626-964-7700 will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold in your home?
Mold in your home
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights 626-964-7700
if a Storm of Flood hits, SERVPRO is here to help!
Flood damage caused by a Storm
SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources or Handle Floods and Storms
If storms hits Walnut, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at (626) 964-7700
Why is cleaning your commercial air ducts important?
Commercial air duct cleaning
The air ducts in Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights commercial building serve an important function, bringing heating and cooling throughout your facility as well as circulating the air through a filter, which cleans out some of the dust particles before reaching the rooms in which air is breathed by you and your employees.
Air Duct Cleaning Improves the Quality of Indoor Air
By routinely having your air ducts cleaned you can significantly decrease the number of airborne molecules in your office, all while avoiding weighty fees for other air purifying solutions. Air ducts, like everything else in our office, collect dirt and debris. While filters may catch a lot of streaming debris, there is still a considerable amount of dust that settles within the ducts.
Air Duct Cleaning Conserves Energy
Air duct cleaning provides a beginning in optimizing your duct function, a properly and thoroughly cleaned HVAC system, can reduce the costs associated with running your HVAC system and increase the useful life of your air conditioner and furnace. Performing routine commercial air duct cleanings removes obstructions and improves airflow, helping your systems to work better, faster, and more efficiently, all while using less energy!
Your local SERVPRO specializes in cleaning commercial and industrial air ducts; contact our staff to schedule an inspection and estimate for your commercial cleaning solution. Our crews have experience, training and advanced equipment to restore your HVAC system to optimal performance. Our SERVPRO commercial cleaning specialists are familiar with all types of commercial and industrial HVAC/air duct systems, give us a call so we can get to work, and you can start experiencing the benefits a commercial air duct cleaning service can bring to your business!
Call (626) 964-7700
Odors in your home after a Fire
Kitchen after a fire has destroyed pretty much everything
One of the most significant issues after a fire is not the loss of possessions, but the lingering bad odor left afterward. It can be very challenging to remove smoke smells, often requiring the assistance of professionals who understand what to do when smoke odors do not go away.
What are the steps SERVPRO technicians put into place to remove the smells in a fire damaged house?
- Remove: We find and remove all sources of smoke, taking anything charred offsite for cleaning and restoration when possible, and disposing if damaged items.
- Clean: We use dry cleaning for residue not yet absorbed and wet cleaning with solvents for absorbed residue requiring a deeper clean.
- Neutralize: When the smells still linger after removal and cleaning, we use odor-absorbing beads and then thermal foggers which produce a smoke-like substance reaching throughout the home, attacking hard to reach smoke particles
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights (626) 964-7700
Fire Extinguishers Save Lives
Fire Extinguisher Safety - it can save a life
Portable fire extinguishers can be life and property saving tools when used correctly. In order to operate an extinguisher, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) suggests remembering the word PASS:
- Pull the pin. Hold the nozzle pointing away from you and release the locking mechanism.
- Aim low. Point the extinguisher at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the lever slowly and evenly.
- Sweep the nozzle from side-to-side
Read the instructions on the fire extinguisher and become familiar with them before a fire breaks out. Remember, extinguishers do have limitations. It is also important to ensure you have the correct type of extinguisher for your facility. To find more information on choosing the appropriate class of extinguisher, please visit the NFPA website ( www.nfpa.org ). Fire safety is one of our top priorities at SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights
Commercial Covid19 Cleanup
Commercial Covid19 Cleaning Job
SERVPRO was called to assist in a Covid19 Construction Site Cleanup, when one of their employees came back positive for Covid19. Our technicians wiped down all high-touch areas, and fogged the whole site. SERVPRO uses SERVPROXIDE which is a medical grade EPA approved disinfectant. If you are concerned about your employees' safety, no job is too small for us! Call us today to go over our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned options from Pro-active cleaning to positive Covid19 cases. (626) 964-7700. We are here to help! SERVPRO of Hacienda Heights/Rowland Heights.
Are you prepared for a flood?
Flooding can happen fast in many environments. The American Red Cross recommends having the following list of items packed and ready to go in the event of an evacuation due to flooding.
- Water—3+ day supply; one gallon per person per day
- Food—3+ day supply of nonperishable, easy-to-prepare food
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- First Aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items (hearing aids with extra batteries, glasses, contact lenses, syringes, cane)
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation/personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, deed/lease to home, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Map(s) of the area
- Baby supplies (bottles, formula, baby food, diapers)
- Pet supplies (collar, leash, ID, food, carrier, bowl)
- Tools/supplies for securing your home
- Extra set of car keys and house keys
- Extra clothing, hat and sturdy shoes
- Rain gear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Camera for photos of damage
If your home has suffered a flood keep in mind SERVPRO of Walnut is available 24/7 for you Emergency Service needs!